Thursday, July 26, 2012

new to blogging....obviously!



Hello all,  My son told me today that i am posting everything I write in the "title" area....hmmm,  I had been wondering why it looked the way it did!  so, hope this one is right!  He just laughs at me when i ask him technical questions.  Though I guess that one was not so technical!!!

I have been working on painting, waxing and then dark waxing my dining room buffet.  I was very nervous to use the dark wax but i think all in all it came out well.  As instructed by Nancy at Sea Rose Cottage, I applied a thin coat of clear wax before I applied the dark wax.  I also mixed the dark wax with some mineral spirits (a 75/25 ratio I would say) and that helped to apply the dark wax easily and smoothly.

I did find I needed to wipe the dark wax off with a soft cloth rather quickly or it would dry on the piece too heavily.
Each piece I work on I learn something new so even though I feel I still have a lot I could learn, I have come quite a ways since my initial "beginners" class at Sea Rose Cottage.  Thanks to Nancy and also to Danielle at "Finding Silver Pennies" for their helpful tips!


No comments:

Post a Comment