Wednesday, August 15, 2012

...sad little photos!

I have finally ordered a new camera with more than 3 mega-pixels.  my younger relatives, this time my dear niece Katie, pointed out that I have had this camera probably 8 years and that the pics make my blog really look like a "mom blog"!  That is definitely not the look I am after!


The new camera is on it's way.  It is a Canon powershot Elph 300HS 12.1 Digital Camera.  I sure hope it is what I am looking for! 

I love taking pics but decided against a DSLR as I am not necessarily into learning more about photography right now. I feel like I have more to do than I have time for now many days so a point and shoot is probably right up my alley.  

So, hope you can bear with me. Hopefully 2 more pics with my old camera.  sorry Katie!!! Next pics....on to Glory!!! 

Just bought this 54 inch long sofa table on craigslist for $30.  It is in desperate need of a make-over! I am in the process of cleaning it with some mineral spirits and denatured alcohol and sanding off some polyurethane someone had put on the legs.  Usually with Annie Sloan Chalk paint I don't do any sanding, that is why i love the paint.  However, the legs looked really shiny and i just wanted to make sure the paint adhered so i did some sanding.  

I plan to do a coat of ASCP (Annie Sloan Chalk Paint) in Old White as the bottom coat and then a 50/50 mix of Aubusson blue and Old white on the top coat. I will then sand back so some of the white of the first coat shows through .  the top coat will be a light blue.  i will definitely show pics when it is done.  Good pics!! 

Have a good weekend all!  We are off to the Cape for Saturday.  My nephew is getting married on the beach at 4:00 p.m. on Saturday.  I will post some pics.  Excited for a fun family get together.  That does not happen often enough. 





 

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see how it comes out. It will be beautiful painted. Have fun down the Cape! x

    ReplyDelete