Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Bedside table update!


 I have been working on the bedside table finally.  I picked an  annie sloan chalk paint in "French Linen".  I think it is a green-ish gray. Very pretty color!  I painted lightly over the original hardware.  The original pulls had a round metal circle from the bottom of the design but one was missing, I love a little challenge! 

I have put twine through and like the look. It is different.  I am not a matchy-matchy type!  HOWEVER, on Etsy I found a beautiful plum colored thin vintage french ribbon.  I am thinking that will do the trick. 

I try to use the original hardware when I can as it often really "fits" the piece best.  However, there are so many options for hardware replacements at places such as Home Depot, Target, and some really special ones at places like Anthropologie or Restoration Hardware or even Van Dykes Restoration catalog.

Anyway, will update you further when I have waxed the piece to protect it with a clear wax and decided on my final pulls!  Ribbon or twine-weigh in!  I am leaning towards the ribbon.  loving the plum color with the gray.




Love a vintage pull!





No comments:

Post a Comment