Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Finishing up the basement....

After 15 years of living in the house we live in, I finally decided to update my basement.  It had hand-stenciled walls, handprints of mine and my two boys in different colored paints from when we moved in and they were small.  It had no style and I wanted cork flooring, freshly painted walls and all new furniture.  So, of all those things after pricing them out, I ended up with professionally cleaned existing rug, professionally painted walls ( I am tired of painting walls and decided to indulge myself!) and re-purposed or "up-cycled" furniture.  At much less of a cost and I am quite happy with it.  Down the road I would like to add a white slipcovered couch from Ikea but that will have to wait.  
oil based primed and latex painted old laminate bookcase.  dark gray!
chalk board from vintage thymes marketplace
annie sloan chalk painted in "paris grey"-looks like new!





Drum table
The lamp below my son got at a yard sale. it was brass and rusted with an ill-fitting lamps shade! I painted it in Annie Sloan chalk paint in "Graphite" and found a new shade at Target on clearance for $9.00 as mentioned in previous blog! 

The chairs are slipcovered (professionally done at a good price years ago) and I bought the chair and a halfs originally for $300 each at Building 19.  It was a good buy.  Bought them probably 20 years ago and they are going strong!  Comfortable for two people sitting together!